Saturday, January 5, 2013

When a Mystery Shopping Company Doesn't Pay You (Freeman Group)

 I will be deleting Freeman Group from my list of companies that I shop for. I completed a hotel shop in July of 2011 for the company. Essentially the shop required you to shop a certain chain of hotels using your own money and then when your report was completed they were supposed to reimburse you for the shop within 10 weeks. I have performed these types of shops in the past with no problem (though not with this company) and I've always been paid and/or reimbursed.

In this case, it is now January 2013 and after a ton of unanswered emails and calls I have still not been paid by this company. It is NOT MY PRACTICE TO SPEAK ABOUT MYSTERY SHOPPING COMPANIES IN A DEFAMATORY WAY (nor will you probably ever see anything like this again on this blog) but after just doing a quick search on this company I have read numerous posts about this company doing this to a TON of shoppers.

I am writing this post to tell you that this company will come off of my list of reputable mystery shopping companies and that I will not be doing business with them in the future.

As someone who has shopped since 2005, this is the first time in all of these years that a company has done this to me. Some companies pay slow, yes, but I have never just had one pack up and get out of town. Upon reading posts online, it seems that this is what has happened--rumors that they have gone bankrupt and in turn will not be paying the shoppers who performed these shops is what I've heard. Though there may be no validity to these claims, its seeming to be true because the company itself will not respond.

I wish you all well in your shopping endeavors!

Thanks for reading! Please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment